The Brewery plugin allows players to brew different ingredients into a huge amount of further products. Alcohols of all types, base potions for Apothecaries, boiled vegetables, jams, syrups and other herbal supplements can all be created. In order to get a finished product, a number of stages must be utilised.
Some products may be finished after the first stage; fermenting (or boiling), whilst others require every single stage in order to be fully created.
The qualities of drinks can be refined, and after drinking an alcoholic beverage players can even find themselves staggering, stumbling, finding talking more difficult and a handful of other effects.
Each brew has its own unique recipe. They will all differ from each other in some way, whether it be the ingredients they use, the amounts of those ingredients, the boiling time, the distilling time or the aging time. Some recipes are harder to perfect than others and by being slightly off with one stage, you will render the final result sub-par.
Some brews will not use all of these stages, but it is advised that you write down your progress, in-character, regardless.
During various stages of the brewing process, the product will have the various criteria in different colours; green, yellow, orange and red. Red means you are far away from the specified value within the recipe, with green being spot-on, or near enough to not matter. Some recipes will forgive you for not using the right amounts of ingredients, whereas others will punish you for skipping even a minute of boiling time. It is advised to do these stages in batches when trying to uncover the perfect product from a recipe and to do them in small increments.
By boiling the items within a cauldron, they are prepared for the rest of the brewery process.
The types of ingredients, the amounts of those ingredients and the boiling time will be taken into account in the final end product.
This is the very first step for any recipe and must be completed in order to progress with any recipe:
- Place a cauldron over a fire or other heat source.
- Fill it with a bucket of water.
- Add your ingredients by holding them in your off-hand and right-clicking on the cauldron.
- Wait at least two minutes while they ferment. You can right-click the cauldron with a clock at this point, to get an exact time.
- Use glass bottles on the cauldron to retrieve the brew. You may get three bottles out of a single cauldron.
Brewing stands are used in distilling and can be made with one of our custom recipes.
Distilling renders the boiled ingredients to a more potent form.
Not all recipes require distilling, though it is usually the next logical step when trying to perfect a recipe.
- Create a brewery stand.
- Place a piece of glowstone dust into the top slot, to act as a filter. The glowstone will not be consumed.
- Place up to three bottles at a time into the stand.
- Wait for the distilling runs to complete.
- Alcohol will automatically stop distilling once it has reached the amount of runs needed in the 'perfect' recipe.
Aging is done within wooden barrels, which are multi-block structures allowed by the plugin.
Placing bottles in barrels and leave them to age them for certain times. The type of wood used to build the barrels is a factor in the recipe.
Not all recipes require aging, though it is sensible to try it regardless.
- Build a small or large barrel, as seen in the pictures on the left.
- Right-click on the barrel once it is complete.
- Place your desired drinks into the barrel and wait.
- Check periodically on the contents to see if they've aged to perfection.